Wow! Two awards in one week. A giant, huge, colossal, massive, enormous, gigantic, mammoth, epic, prodigious, thank you Sleepykitten at MY INVISIBLE CROWN, who herself is an amazing astonishing, stunning, breath-taking, perplexing, confounding, and beautiful poet. CHECK HER OUT if you haven’t already.
So as acceptance I need to answer some questions put forth by Sleepykitten.
1. Of all your worldly possessions, what is the most sentimental, most dear to your heart item that you could never part with?
Ok, starting off manly here. But it has got to be my teddy bear. He’s one of the only things that I have always had in my life, even at times when I have lost everything else.
2. What is your favourite quote and by whom?
I have so many favourites waiting to be tattooed on me somewhere or other, I can’t pick just one so here is a few:
- “You see a mousetrap – I see free cheese and a fucking challenge” – Scroobius Pip
- “He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself; for every man has need to be forgiven.” – Thomas Fuller
- “Deep into that darkness peering, long i stood there wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before” – Edgar Allan Poe
- “That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die.” – H.P. Lovecraft
- “After my first love. I built this suit of armor, so strong, so invulnerable. I came across you. Slowly my guard was let down. So vulnerable to pain and despair. A love so perfect, so beautiful, was the double edged sword. One side so sweet. So dull of worry. So full of love. The other so sharp of worry. So deadly with confusion. So overcome of aberrancy. They meet at the apex. The sword was the only thing, The only thing to pierce through the armor. Through the mind, the soul, the heart. The sword tears a hole. The sharpest of sides is numb to pain, The dull side brings a pain. A pain so excruciating, the pain unreal, the suffering so great. This side pierces the mind, the soul, the heart.. The wound lasting and irreparable. A pain never to leave. A pain that allows you to live but in turn, it kills the mind, the soul, the heart. A pain that may lie dormant, only to arise and hurt more than it ever did. But through all doubt and suffering, the love was worth the pain. The love so perfect so beautiful. Was worth the pain. Was worth the death of me. Was worth losing everything I ever had. Even if it was you that I lost.” -Unknown
3. What is your favourite childhood song and why?
Moonshadow by Cat Stevens. Although I have to admit this isn’t from my childhood, but it is from a childhood. I used to sing this to my new born daughter to get her to sleep.
4. What is your favourite post that you have written? (Please provide link!)
Currently these, I can’t pick just one and they change so often, but these all remind me of how far I have come
Journey of an ancient pebble, Tiny Dancer and Midnight in Paris
5. If you were to write the story of your life, what might be the title?
The same as my blog “You must suffer me to go my own dark way” (A quote from R.L. Stevenson’s Jekyll and Hyde)
6. What’s a song you would choose for your “theme song”?
It has always been and always will be (and I know you’ll think it’s cheesy) the Johnny Cash cover of Hurt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aF9AJm0RFc
Although lately his cover of I hung my head has been on repeat in my head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M53FcPoWtA
Johnny Cash is one of the many gods!!
7. What is the most interesting or inspirational discovery you have made in your life so far?
This may seem simple, but for some it takes a life time to figure out. It took me a long time, but:
Don’t worry about shit that you have no control over; it’s a waste of time
Unless you mean actual physical discovery and then I couldn’t possibly choose. There is so much out there to be inspired by. I find something new every day.
Rule #32 – Enjoy the Little Things.
9.Do you believe in fate?
I believe in the Tao
10. What is the philosophy or mission behind your blog?
It is somewhere I can express the side of me that I cannot show in the real world. To explore new worlds and new civilisations. It’s an outlet, a muse, it’s me.
11. What makes you laugh?
Humanity, Nature, Sheldon Cooper. The good and the bad.
So 11 random Phen Facts
- I have had over 50 piercings. I’ll leave where to your imagination 😀 Although I only have 23 in at the minute
- I literally just dropped tea all down me 😦
- I have a grumpy cat tattoo on my right leg to remind me not to take life so seriously.
- I overcame severe depression and anxiety and will never go back there.
- I once hurt someone beyond anything I could ever describe and will always hate myself and feel guilt for doing so.
- I love anime!
- I’m terrified of dentists.
- When I met my fiancé she refused to talk to me for 6 months for no reason what-so-ever. I guess I won that one 😛
- My fiancé and I have 5 frogs, 3 geckos, a bearded dragon, 4 cats, 2 dogs, fish and a tarantula.
- My beard is currently as long as my index finger
- I’m addicted to Relentless energy drinks. I know they’re bad, I just can’t stop.
My Questions for them (Courtesy of a random question generator… mostly)
- What is the worst job you ever had?
- What’s the first thing you notice about a guy/girl?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- What was your least favourite subject in school and why?
- What is the best thing that happened to you this week?
- What is one weird thing about you?
- Why do you blog?
- Which writers have inspired your blogs?
- What is the most important room in the house?
- Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
- What are you grateful for everyday?
Take care bloggers and peace be with you all XD